Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Waterlily SAL

Whew! It seems like forever since my last entry. What a year and half it has been, but life has opened another opportunity for me to get back to my favorite time filler: stitching.

Lately, I have not had the brain function to do much designing of my own, but I have had the energy to do some stitching and for the coming year, I am the program chair for my primary F2F EGA chapter.

In developing the programs, I will be doing a lot of stitching to keep up with the teachers and I plan to share my progress here.

I have also come back to knitting and have learned about KAL's (knit alongs) and SAL's (Stitch alongs). So I have some projects going with those.

I also joined a virtual Quilting Bee which has got me back onto Flickr.

Not enough time in the day. But like I said a real time filler. Which allows me to be available to babysit my grandson who is turning 3 shortly. He really fills my time.

As to the Waterlily SAL, this is a pillow from Yvette Stanton's book, Elegant Hardanger Embroidery. I am hoping to get it done as a Christmas present. The SAL is being done as part of Yvette's Yahoo group on Hardanger. It's called Hardanger How To.

No comments: