Friday, March 7, 2008

Sun Symbols

I have had a passion for gold and Swarovski Rivolis for the past few months. I've worked up several pieces that now appear on the class page of my website: http://www.dianestavola.com/classes.php I haven't put any of them up for sale because I love wearing them, especially with a black turtle neck or mock turtle. But I wouldn't mind teaching them to anyone.

I am frequently requested to donate items to worthy causes. Most of the groups take all the money, but some just want a percentage of a sale. Two groups that have asked for donations recently are the Allegheny Highlands Art and Craft Center in Clifton Forge, VA, and the Jacksonville Center in Floyd, VA.

The Allegheny Highlands theme is chocolate, so that piece will be brown this year - I think. For Jacksonville Center I am going to stick with my fascination with gold and Rivolis, but do something a bit different. Here are some pictures of the piece in process. I haven't even begun the chocolate one.

Most of the beads are 24 kt gold plated glass. The drops are Czech pressed glass and the brown seed beads are not gold.

I need to have it done for the auction in two weeks. The idea is that the artist sets a reserve price. If the reserve isn't met, the piece is returned to the artist. If only the reserve is met, the artist gets it all. If

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.